Oct 12, 2008

Eleanor and the Magic Lamp

Eleanor found a magic lamp
That weighs but a gram
She gave it a violent shake
And out popped a little sheikh

"Hello little one
Your wish is my command
For you a wish I grant"

"Dear me, dear me
This cannot be
Alladin had three
Why not me?"

"I'm sorry Eleanor
But you can't have more
Now, stop being a bore
And tell me what you wish for"

"If that is the case
Let's cut to the chase
I wish for a little pony
One that is not too bony"

"I am afraid that can't be done
Because I don't have one
Instead little miss
How about a kiss?"

"Now you're just taking the piss!"
Say Eleanor with a hiss
"I wish you are condemned
For eternity in your bloody lamp!"



1 comment:

dreameridiot said...

Thanks for coming by puisipoesy, though we are kind of in the process of deciding on our future. We do hope we'll continue, but what we have already blogged for over a year provide ample resources for Malaysians to pick on reading and appreciating poetry, which was and still is the aim of our blog.

So, you are new blogging, welcome to the blogosphere then. :) And happy to see you indulging in creative writing. Seems that you have picked on Vonnegut's famous wry or ironic sense of humour. Good that you are reading him. :) Though it would also be important and good for you, if you were to read widely, as Sharon pointed out in her post and encouragement to May Zhee. But, I think you probably know it already. :)

I hope that you'll get to connect with other Malaysians who also write creative pieces. There is a growing community out there. You would see some of them on Sharon's blog and at the reading events she hosts. And one other place is Malaysian Poetic Chronicles, moderated by Leon who also runs puisipoesy with me.
You can find the link on puisipoesy bar, or I'll just leave it here with you.
http://themalaysianpoeticchronicles.blogspot.com/

Anyway, hope you'll continue to write, read and grow as a writer and person. Hope too that puisipoesy will whet your appetite for your poetry, and make you look for poetry on your own. Famous Poems & Poets and Representative Poetry Online on the sidebar are very good places to read poetry, and there are many others too there, like Softblow, a Singaporean based international poetry journal. [If you are new to poetry, do check out the link 'New to Poetry', and from there you'll learn to read poetry on your own. You can use the posts at puisipoesy as reference, where we discuss why a poem is a poem, its craft that makes it so.]

Hope to get to meet you in person one day at one of literary events! :)